SharePoint Server Administration
What is SharePoint?When looking up what SharePoint is, you get a lot of different answers from the Internet:
- Microsoft SharePoint is a browser-based collaboration and document management platform from Microsoft
- Microsoft's content management system. It allows groups to set up a centralized, password protected space for document sharing. Documents can be stored, downloaded and edited, then uploaded for continued sharing.
- SharePoint is a web-based intranet that can help improve your organization's effectiveness by streamlining the management of and access to data.
- SharePoint is an enterprise information portal, from Microsoft, that can be configured to run Intranet, Extranet and Internet sites.
Before we begin we will discuss the deployment architecture and we will discuss what are the basic requirements for SharePoint 2013.
SharePoint Deployment Architectures
- 1-Tier architecture : Application Server , Web Server and the Database Server running on single server.
- 2-Tier architecture : Multi-server deployment, Application Server and Web Server running on same server and separate Database server.
- This what we will do on this course.
- 3-Tier architecture : Multi-server deployment, each server on separate server.
We are going to setup our SharePoint Farm using
- VMware Workstation 11
- Windows Server 2012
- SQL Server 2012
- SharePoint 2013
We will Create SharePoint 2013 Farm using Virtual Machine.
- VM1 (Windows Server 2012) for hosting Active Directory + Domain Controller
- VM2 (Windows Server 2012) for Provisioning SQL Server 2012.
- VM3 (Windows Server 2012) for Provisioning SharePoint 2013